Vice President of Care Management, Trinity Health
David Glaser, Esq.; Ronald Hirsch, MD, FACP, CHCQM; and Timothy Powell, CPA.
Earlier this year, embattled physician Bryan Merrick, 65, the medical director for the Tennessee-based McKenzie Medical Center, had his Medicare billing privileges pulled by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) due to what he describes as simple clerical errors.
As a consequence, among the associated high-risk issues are the town’s Medicare beneficiaries, who number slightly more than 900 and depend on Merrick as a lifeline.
This will be one of several key topics touched upon during the next edition of Monitor Mondays, when Trinity Health Vice President of Care Management Mary Beth Pace will also report on chronic care management. Joining the discussion will be senior healthcare analyst Frank Cohen of DoctorsManagement, who will review evaluation and management (E&M) codes for office visits associated with Dr. Merrick’s patients.
- Monday Rounds: Ronald Hirsch, MD, vice president of R1 Physician Advisory Services, will resume his Monday Rounds with another installment of his popular segment.
- Hot Topics: Monitor Mondays senior correspondent Nancy Beckley, president and CEO for Nancy Beckley and Associates, will have all the latest hot topics and the Monitor Mondays Listener Survey.
- America’s Rural Health Report: Topic authority Janelle Ali-Dinar, vice president of rural health for MyGenetx, will return to report on saving healthcare for rural populations.
- Risky Business: Healthcare attorney David Glaser with Fredrikson & Byron will have another example of a potentially troublesome issue that could pose a risk to your facility.
- Focus on 340B: Two U.S. House of Representatives members, Republican David McKinley of West Virginia and Democrat Mike Thompson of California, are proposing a bill that would stop pending drug payment cuts to hospitals. Reporting on the story will be RACmonitor contributing editor Timothy Powell, CPA.
Register now for this special news broadcast coming your way on Monday, Nov. 27, 2017 at 10 a.m. ET.
Monitor with us.™