The final rule is expected to be posted on the first Friday in August.
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has released the fiscal year (FY) 2023 Inpatient Prospective Payment System (IPPS) proposed rule.
The proposed rule applies to long term care hospitals (LTCH), programs for quality and interoperability for eligible and critical access hospitals (CAH), and Conditions of Participation (COP).
Comments should be sent here.
This proposed rule includes a coding and documentation adjustment of 0.5 percent. FY21 data will be used for FY23 rate setting.
The proposed rule also includes the following:
- Hospital Readmission Reduction Program
- Hospital Value-Based Purchasing by suppressing the Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (HCAHPS) and five Healthcare Acquired Infection measures for FY23.
- Hospital Reduction Program
- Hospital Inpatient Quality Reporting
- MS-DRG Changes
- New Technology Add-On Payments
CMS is also soliciting comments on the reporting of Social Determinants of Health (SDoH) regarding severity of illness, complexity of service, and utilization of resources.
Programming Note: MedLearn Publishing will be hosting a webinar on IPPS Proposed Rule FY23 on May 18, 2022, led by Laurie Johnson.